Summer Pest Control Tips
Extended periods of drought and warm weather will affect food supply, forcing pests such as spiders, ants, scorpions and rodents to venture indoors for food and water.
Bees, wasps, and yellow jackets are active in warmer months, as well as ants, earwigs, millipedes, crickets, and outdoor cockroaches. Flies, mosquitoes, silverfish, millipedes, centipedes, termites, cockroaches, and honey bees can invade your homes during the warm summer months.
Here are a few tips to prevent these pests from overtaking your home:
What can you do?
- Replace standing water such as bird baths, at least once a week.
- Remove unnecessary vegetation or trash from around your home.
- Screen windows, doors, and other openings with mesh that is at least 18×18 strands per square inch.
- Keep doors and windows shut as much as possible.
- Clean your kitchen counter areas, and keep food in sealed containers.